If you have noticed in departmental stores, shopping malls, most brands and companies have started providing reusable bags. They might not be fanciful, but are durable enough to be reused. It seems everyone now understands the harmful impact of plastic on earth. Instead of ending up in landfills and polluting the environment, it is best to reduce its usage.
We understand that plastic bags cannot be stopped instantly. Plastic bags are very convenient and they’re waterproof which means wet items are also safe. However, there reusable bags that are plastic coated which also prevents wet items to spoil the bags. Reusable bags are made of cotton or jute which allows air to cross. This helps in keeping perishable items fresh for a longer time.
As long as people know the importance of reusable bags, companies will customize bags to make them stylish. There are different shapes, sizes, colors and designs available for such bags. They aren’t confined to grocery or vegetable shopping, but fancy and stylish reusable bags are also to carry items to school, colleges, offices, gym, picnic, beaches, etc.
Custom Grocery Bags manufactures eco-friendly bags that are available at the minimal price to everyone. They generally provide bags in bulks, but you can also customize your reusable bag by them. They believe is optimizing the usage of reusable bags which will reduce the demand for plastic bags and eventually our earth will be safe from pollutants. Whether you want recycled totes or bags, everything is available in latest designs at their site.
Here are some valid reasons to avoid plastic bags –
- Plastic items are created from petroleum and natural gas which isn’t renewable. Thus, eliminating the manufacture and use of plastic bags will help in storing this natural resource.
- Some biodegradable and disposable plastic bags can be recycled and used repeatedly. However, these bags are quite thin so they get stuck in machinery and it takes lot of time for workers to take care of it, therefore they avoid recycling plastic bags and throw it away.
- Plastics ending up in landfills, break into smaller pieces with time but don’t get refurbished. Animals eat those small fragments which get stuck in their throat and eventually they die.
Thus, avoiding plastic bags is the best way of saving nature and some innocent lives. To begin with, start using reusable bags. It has its benefits –
- Reusable bags are available in different sizes and their strength helps in carrying heavy items like bottles and cans to different locations.
- They are handy and flexible. When not in need, it can be folded into a smaller size and kept in a bag or purse, so that while shopping you don’t have to pay extra for another bag.
- Customized bags come in different handles so that long handles can be rested on shoulders and short handles on wrist or elbow. This may not be possible with plastic bags.
- Printing on reusable bags is easier because the material absorbs the ink which means it doesn’t go off after washing.
Recycled bags aren’t boring. They can be styled, dyed into fancy colors and printed with fancy designs or inspirational messages. It is the most convenient and handy product which stays with you for years.