Corn lamps are currently pushing other traditional outdoor lighting options aside due to its efficiency. They are a versatile choice for residences, warehouses, car parks, super markets, garages, street lighting etc. It consists of numerous LEDs lined together in the form of a cylinder and resembles a corn kennel.
With over 80% better efficiency rate than incandescent bulbs, high-pressure sodium and metal halide. They also go by the name ‘corn cob’ due to their appearance. They emit a huge deal of light due to the presence of hundreds of diodes making them perfect for places that require more illumination.
Reasons for the popularity of corn lamps:
- Vibrancy: The lamp has a high Color Rendering Index and is color accurate. The resulting light emitted is vibrant and creates a comfortable vibe.
- Energy-efficiency: Only 20% of energy is wasted into heat while the rest are converted to light unlike other traditional light where things are other way around. It is much better than its costlier alternatives.
- Durability: Corn lamps are made using sturdy materials and are extremely durable when compared to fluorescent tubes and incandescent bulbs that are easily prone to breakage.
Considering installing corn lamps? Get in touch with LEDLightExpert.com for the best quality corn cob light solutions. They are one of the leading companies in San Diego specialized in manufacture and design of LED lighting. Their lighting design specialists would help you choose the right lights for your needs and assist you in installing them.
Choose corn lamps from a reputable brand:
Corn lamps are available in varying qualities. Stay away from the low-cost ones as they won’t last long. Make sure the corn lamp you choose comes with:
- Ample cooling: The corn lamp chosen should be capable of cooling itself. Some manufacturers affix a cooling fan which isn’t recommended. It is likely that the fan’s motor lasts for a lesser duration than the LEDs present and the fan is also easily prone to damage by dust and insects.
- Auto voltage sensing: Corn lamps with auto voltage sensing operate between 120 and 277V range. These lamps are ideal if the operating voltage of your circuit lies in this range.
- Good quality LEDs: Lumen refers to the amount of light emitted from the bulb. Find one with a higher lumen value. The LEDs used must be of good quality else the resulting light would have a low Color Rendering Index. Find a light with high lumen value
- More color choices: Reputable brands feature corn lamps with many color options including warm white (3000K), white natural light (4000K), white light (5000K), very cold light (5700K) etc. Using higher colors than needed is toxic to environment and humans and hence having a range of color choices is beneficial.
- Protective covering: The LEDs should come with a layer of protective covering so that it isn’t prone to damages by insects and dust which in turn diminishes the light quality.
Reduce your power usage to half using corn lamps. Purchase corn lamps from a reputable manufacturer and enjoy minimum 50,000 hours of interrupted illumination.